Due to their intoxicating effects, CBD flowers have a good rap and a huge demand. In recent times, CBD flowers are arguably the go-to recreational substance. Still, many consumers are not familiar with CBD flower flavors and aromas and how to distinguish superior-quality CBD flowers from low-quality products.
All hemp flowers have distinctive, powerful aromas linked to the potency and feel of the product. Moreover, the fragrance of CBD flowers also helps the consumer distinguish fine-quality cannabis flowers.
Complete Guide to CBD Flower Flavors and Aroma
For beginners and first-timers, it is important to learn about CBD flower flavors and aromas before buying one. Here is a complete guide when i buy CBD flower UK.
About CBD Flower
In simple words, it is a dried cannabis Sativa flower that contains lower than 0.3% THC concentration. Stronger aromatic compounds found in cannabis flowers are responsible for captivating smell and effects.
Terpenes are responsible for the distinct aroma of cannabis products. Terpenes found in hemp have a powerful fragrance that have a notable impact on the way you feel the effects. Every terpene carries a unique smell and concentration of it will alter the effects it has on the body. Importantly, the CBD flower may not taste the same as it smells.
CBD Flower Flavors and Aromas
Following are some of the common CBD Flower flavors and what they smell like:
- Caryophyllene – Caryophyllene gives off a unique woody, clove-like smell. This terpene is found in many plants other than hemp and has a pungent peppery and earthy aroma. It has a spicier taste similar to taking a whiff of pepper. As for effects, Caryophyllene promises a relaxing, euphoric experience and releases stress.
- Myrcene – It is one of the most pungent terpenes present in cannabis plants, having a fruity yet spicy, earthy, and musky scent. Myrcene has a somewhat similar flavor profile as mango with a slightly sweet flavor. It produces sedating effects and some consumers also experience ‘couch-lock’ effects.
- Limonene – This aromatic cannabis terpene gives off a pungent sweet, fruity, tangy, and citrusy odor. Limonene has a sour flavor like a citrus fruit.
- Pinene – As the name implies, it has a unique pine-y fragrance similar to a forest of pine trees. Coupled with pine and woodsy aroma, Pinene has a pronounced grape flavor and guarantees gentle euphoria and long-lasting full-body relaxation.
- Humulene – Humulene is one of the smellier terpenes giving off a distinct, spicy, woodsy, and herbaceous scent. The taste of this terpene is crisp and similar to a hoppy beer. It promotes relaxing effects, boosts creativity, suppresses appetite, and relieves pain.
- Linalool – This terpene has a citrus-like flavor and spicy-floral, soapy, and fresh scent like lavender ice cream. Linalool promotes calmness, treats insomnia, and fights anxiety.
- Terpinolene – It has a woody yet herbal taste with a hint of citrusy pine. Terpinolene gives off pine-like, floral, herbal, and citrusy fragrances. Owing to its sedative characteristics, it has relaxing, uplifting, and energizing effects.
CBD flowers have intoxicating, instantaneous effects for highly soothing and relaxing effects. It does not activate CB1 and CB2 receptors, therefore, does not get the consumer high.